Saturday, March 31, 2012

My long pause in blogging

I really don't know how to feel tonight. Firstly, I'm very happy God made me understand the reason I've been going through some things of late.

Secondly, I'm very happy I got to see my circle of close friends today.
All these are consolations to a fact which I've been trying hard to come to terms with today.

I lost a friend.

A close friend whom we both worked in my school chapel's technical department (we call it 'Olive Media').
Slumped while jogging in the morning. I tried to convince myself it was a lie that he could make it. He was still in ICU by then. Then I got to know he had passed on. I was distraught. I've been a bit down coming to terms with the fact that Femi is no more. But God gives and He takes, BLESSED be the name of the Lord.

Also, I've been angry with myself for why I didn't blog or write. At a point, the thought of it became exhausting.
Tonight, I decided to google why people slump while exercising. While searching I came across a webpage that talked about 'Why we have slumps and how to get out of them'. I was glad I found it even though it addressed a totally different issue.

Truth is, for a month now, I had slipped into a slump. i.e. gotten to a state of exhaustion where productivity begins to drop and one tends not to do the things he would usually do. I thank God I found it because it made me realise I had been pushing my self too hard, wanting to achieve so much yet with little results.

I feel relaxed and thankful for the day and the friends whom I spent time with today. Even as I go to bed this late (12:34am), with so much mixed feelings, I know God's got my back and will help me through every phase of this journey called life.

Rest in Peace Femi. Olive Media will miss you greatly.

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your friend. May his soul RIP.

    Glad you're back to blogging too *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!

    So so sorry about your friend..May God comfort his family and love ones..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael: I don't know what to say except that I pray for God to comfort you (and Femi's loved ones too). It's hard to deal with the loss of a friend and painful when you didn't get to say goodbye. But God will give you the grace to deal with it and move on.

    Glad to see you back here. Take it easy. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, I'm so sorry about Femi. His death hit me even though we weren't close; We were just 'hello' friends
    About your slump, I've been there and I know it's not a good place to be; but then again, God's grace is sufficient to pull us out of the deepest darkest places of life. Just hang in there, you'll be alright.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your friend, Mike. God knows best. RIP to him.

    For writing.. I think its not about the quantity, but the quality. Although I write alot (over facebook, research articles and other blogs) daily, I try not to feel guilty when I am unable to do as much as I (would) do atimes.

    Blessings

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad sad news, ie your friend. May God provide succor to those he left behind. Lovely analogy...very apt! Thank God for the realization and hoping to see more of you around

    ReplyDelete
  7. May your friend's soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Toinlicious: Amen to that! Thanks much dear.

    @Unveiling gold: Amen dear. His family sure needs those prayers, I tell you. Thanks.

    @Relentless: One day at a time, hmm. I'll remember that.

    @Feyi: Wow, that really struck a chord in me. Thanks Feyi. Amen to that also. May Femi's soul RIP.

    @LDP: Quality yea, that's true. I could be a sucker for quantity attimes. Thanks man. Appreciate the care.

    @Honeydame: Amen dear. Thanks for dropping by.

    @m: A big amen!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear you...