Friday, November 18, 2011

Why do you blog?

Hi there peoples!

I've been crawling over blogs since reading interesting posts from Submission in marriage to pictures from Beijing to honesty in business. Everyone has something to say. Surprisingly I don't or I will very soon.

I decide I'm going to talk about why I started blogging and what I hope to achieve so far.

The basic reason was to showcase my little articles from my journals to a larger audience. I remember one time I was experiencing a bad day in school then. I went to the library to read and discovered that I forgot my ID card, went back to the room (a long distance to the library) to get my ID card and discovered my room key was in my bag...in the library.

So I walk back to pick up key from bag and walk back to room and back to the library again. Boy, was I mad!

I remember I picked up a pen and wrote...I wrote and I wrote. It was a poem on how frustrated I was with some really nice rhymes.

So next day in class, I showed some friends in class and they loved it. I was encouraged and started writing more.


So, why do I blog?

Before I talk about that, I must really say, I'm really impressed with the rise of Nigerian bloggers. I have my favourite ones which I keep track of with Google Reader. It alerts me when there are new posts and organizes them in an easily readable form.

So I basically blog for purposes of showcasing my short stories (which I haven't been consistent with), to know that long when I'm gone, people can still refer to it to draw inspiration, laughter or simply get ideas.Another reason is also to enjoy the art of other people. These days blogs are more current than newspapers and that is a big shift.

So why do you blog? What do you intend to attain via blogging?

I'd love to learn from you.

P.S. What's the best solution to writer's block? Have you experienced it and how did you overcome?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear you...