Friday, September 2, 2011

My poem + highpoints

Okay, this was a late night one. Today was mixed; talking of high-points and low-points.
A typical Lagosian's low-point is most likely when he gets stuck in crazy traffic.
As for the high-points, I get to share a poem I wrote with you (Link below). Then also, I was able to read some pages of the current book I'm reading in the jam.
The book's title is Leadership Principles for Graduates by John C. Maxwell (2nd time this year I'm reading it though).

A particular page in the book got me and I'd share with you. Before I do that, one of the things I learnt/re-learnt is that success is created one day at a time.
So here's the page in the book of a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"To laugh often and much; 
to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; 
to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; 
to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; 
to leave the world a little better; 
whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; 
to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. 
This is the meaning of success."
Really simple words that convey a wonderful perspective of how success should be viewed.
I wish you all a great weekend!
TRENDING NOW: Truly Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear you...